We are an independent photographic establishment with roots dating back to 1971. Our legacy was founded and built around Khalifa Shaheen’s vast portfolio of work. Widely regarded as one of the Gulf’s pioneers in film and still photography, Khalifa was Bahrain’s first award winning filmmaker to gain numerous awards and accolades as a testament to his passion for the art.
Our company began as Falcon Cinefoto asa humble but professional lab providing wedding and event photography services. Not before long we gained the leading name in photographic expertise on the island, vastly expanding our services soon after.
In 2006 we repositioned our brand in the market as Khalifa Shaheen Digital Images (KSDi) when we introduced high-end commercial digital services to our clientele.
With the continuous ambition to improve and evolve in a dynamic market, we have reformulated our identity and core business model today as Khalifa Shaheen Productions (KSP), a privately owned photography company under the media umbrella of OSK Partners. KSP is a full-service, integrated production company that offers state-of-the-art film production and photographic services for both personal and corporate requirements. We are proud to continue to provide comprehensive solutions for our clients in the region.
We are a multi award-winning photography company with both regional and international acclaim for our work. We are proud to hold the position of the most awarded photography company in Bahrain. Founder and filmmaker Khalifa Shaheen has been personally recognised and honoured for his extensive portfolio of work since 1971. Below are some of the awards we are proud to have in our name:
- Excellency Award from His Majesty The King of Bahrain, Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa.
- Kingdom Award from the Prime Minister of Bahrain, His Highness Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa for outstanding National Contribution to the Country.
- Legacy Award for the outstanding people of Muharraq.
- First Cinema Festival Awardee from the Judging Committee.
- GCC Television Production Award, 17 - 20 March 1997.
- Honorship Award from Dubai Int film Festival, 2009.
- Honourship Award from Dubai International Film Festival, 2009.
- Documentary Film Award for “People on Horizon” from the First Lady of the Philippines Imelda Marcos, 1983.
- Documentary Award for the film “Pictures of an Island” from the Prime Minister of India Indira Gandhi, 1981, and received the same award from The Krakow Film Festival in Poland.
- Numerous other Awards and Certificates from International Film Festivals and Society Circles.